Saturday, August 16

My new favorite pattern


Today I had a child free hour so I headed of to Frou Frou, a lovely boutique fabric shop in Kerry Road Glen Waverley which I know has a great range of knits. This is only a little shop with some high end silks etc, not somewhere where little boys with sticky fingers can hide. It has some unusual fabrics which are not everywhere and I like to have a browse here when I can.

I went wanting and needing nothing. Just for a bit of visual and mental stimulation but of course walked out with some fabric and a pattern. Vogue were only $12 so I had to have a bit of a look and found this new DKNY dress - V1027. The fabric I bought will be revealed in time...
This dress was soooo easy that it almost took longer to change the cotton on my overlocker than make it. Seriously, the whole thing was done within 3 hours and looks really good on. It would probably be better with better fabric - one that didn't have a tendancy to ladder and a knit with actual two way stretch (as recommended in the pattern which I did not read until joining skirt to bodice!) All in all for $5 fabric(Darn Cheap!!), this dress (once pressed) will be great - even if it is for only 2 - 3 wears.

2 comments:

  1. goodness you have been busy. not sure whree you find the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always in the middle of the night.. i forgoe sleep for sewing!

    ReplyDelete