Monday, August 18

Gunna

If you don't already know, I am a but of a gunna... Gunna do this and gunna do that but..well, it doesn't always happen. So, my thinking if I publicise my gunnas you all may track me down and pressure me to actually do it.

So this week it is about my front entryway. I don't know about you, but getting out the front door is ALWAYS a drama for us - if it isn't the kinder bag, someone is missing a shoe and someone else cant find their coat. So I need to streamline this and have somewhere to put all the stuff - bags, shopping, keys etc. I have been thinking about this for a while and collecting ideas.Here are some of my pictures -
This is what we have at the moment - and I didn't even clean up the 'clutter' for the picture. I need to move the trinket unit because the twins just bang on the doors while they are waiting to go out - and it hasn't broken yet but there is not point waiting for it too. The only good thing about this unit in our entry is it is the best dumping ground. The white cupboard door hides a pretty full cupboard. It has all of the kids art supplies above a coat cupboard - which has any full length jackets already wedged in. (with the renovation we lost our linen press so we are a bit short on storage)



This shot is from a Martha magazine. I love the idea of the different pinboards for different people. I do need more storage but this is a good idea. The Shabby Nest also had a good idea with laminated photos identifying each child's space as they couldn't read. I thought that was a brilliant idea and the business already bought a laminator - until I realised that the twins look too similar for this to work- duh!
I found this picture here and it is probably closer to what I was thinking.



Apart from the open cupboards which really defeats the purpose, I like the drawers which double as a seat and the idea of divided space. (there is a good article here too) There is a variation on this here



Final variation on the theme (found under google search for mud room) has hooks and I like the idea of buckets. I will need to hide things more than this.
The big squirrel is worried about the loss of photo space so one idea for wall treatment is black and white photos all over the wall - even if they are covered in clear contact. The other idea is to lose the photos and do a lift top seat which is padded and in the matching fabric pad the walls and have a railway style shelf with hooks above.

Now apart from decisions we need some actions



No comments:

Post a Comment