Tuesday, August 12

What's it like?

I want to ask my twins what is it like to have someone who looks just the same as you and a little mate to grow up with? I know they will actually know no different which in a way must be just as hard.

Benji and Spence really do have different personalities but I am constantly surprised by the number of things that they do the same. I am very concious to treat them as individuals and ask that of others too, but then they go and do things that just freak me out.

Often you will see them sitting in their chairs drinking a bottle, and they will have it in the same hand facing the same way and drinking in time. Then they will have something like a spoon in the other hand - and that will be just as similar.

Regardless of same or different, they do seem to really get along well together. While they are happy to do their own thing, they are happier doing the same thing (often resulting in wrestling fights - with a different victor each time). And it is true that they have their own language - which I really must tape. Sometimes you hear them in the car having a very deep conversation with the responses and the intent very clear, you just cant understand the words - but they can.

If it were me I would really get over being a bit of a freak show. Everybody everywhere always stops me for a chat about them and wants to look at them, but on the flip side, you always have someone to talk to and play with.

1 comment:

  1. I want ask mine the same thing - what's it like to have someone looking just like you, but then I guess they don't think like that at all. Your boys are georgeous!

    ReplyDelete