Sunday, August 24

Sunday Funday

There are no photos today - just this great drawing by Alexander of him on his bike - a spontaneous drawing this evening.

A lovely funday today - pancakes and strawberries at home, a stroll around Camberwell Market and capped off with the grocer shopping (which is always more fun with the whole family!)

With the twins in bed, I was settling down to some serious cutting out while Alexander helped Dad in the bathroom - but he had ants in his pants and after a quick play outside, the scissors were put away, and it was off on an impromptu bike ride - just Alexander and me.

Since the arrival of the twins, we don't get to spend much one on one time, and if we do we are stuck close to the house, listening for them to wake up, but today was different. We had a good chat as he was learning to ride his bike.

An aside - I was on the big squirrels bike - and I found out his secret. With a cycling background, he has a really good bike. My bike is tres average as I don't see the value in spending more money on it - but if someone had told me that on a good bike you hardly have to pedal it would be a different story. Today on his bike I had the brake on when I wasn't even pedalling! Now I know why on previous rides, he has been glowing after pushing me up a hill and I have been the red hyperventalating ball in the corner.

On our lovely journey through the trees on the local bikepath we chatted as the sunset and just spent time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment