Saturday, August 2

Play - doh

Some days I forget what the kids can actually do- especially Benji and Spencer. At almost 20 months now they are capable of much more than I give them credit for. I had such high expectations of Alexander at the same age, pushing him to challenge himself. I don't know if it is a second child thing or because there are two, I don't put the same pressure on them, nor do I allow them into as many thing - that is because of their divide and conquer nature!!


Today we ventured up to the freezing Dandenongs to visit Kirsty and Eloise. It was just too cold to go and play outside that we were inside, admiring their new kitchen. Alexander and Eloise mostly played quietly together, and the twins werent as destructive as they can be. When it was all getting a bit much for everyone, out came the playdoh and all the kids sat up at the table and played. There was no crying, fighting or eating of the dough, just rolling, squeezing and squishing. I forget really what they are capable of.

All this excitement and all these boys can be a bit overwhelming for a little girl, so we left before it all got too much - but a good day.





No comments:

Post a Comment