Tuesday, August 26

In their dreams...


I am not bragging today, just quite proud of myself - but worried I may have been led up the garden path.


Yesterday Alexander came home from kinder telling me it was the teachers birthday. They are in the midst of arranging celebrations for the kinder birthday, so I am not sure whether he has got it a little mixed up. He however is quite adament it was the teachers birthday, and "mummy, we have to make her a present"(!)


With one day break from kinder, we had to get cracking. Alexander wanted to make her a bag - do-able. So this morning it was off to the patchwork shop to get some lining for a denim book bag. He had his money and found the green spot he wanted. We had some time to kill before lunch, so a quick wander around the shops and a cino before heading home. (More of a procrastination on my part)


The only time I actually have to sew is those precious hours when the twins are asleep. When they are awake it is action stations (infact I have just had to break to clean the carpet where one had decorated it nicely with milk from the sippy cup!) Instead of all the jobs I should be doing, I was at the machine and this is the result - yeah - all finished while they slept.


I used the spray web again and this was great for the applique. I also sprayed it on the top of the lining fabric, so when I ironed the flap under it stuck - making my top stitching easy and no need for hand sewing - yeah!!


Now the only thing is to make sure it really was her birthday.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment