Saturday, August 9

Get Ready


I know it is only August, but I love Christmas - not the presents but doing things for and with each other is the bit I love (I don't even really like the food, sacrilige i know). These are a few of the things Alexander and I have been up to.
The wool shop gave us HEAPS of these felt shapes in white, and while most of them are going to the kinder, we thought we would do some things that may help give the teachers ideas of how to use them. Firstly we stuck them together with a great product called Fusible web. It is like double sided adhesive in a can. You just spray it to one side and then iron the two pieces together - fabulous for applique etc. This also gave it a little bit of stiffness. Then we got gluing- sequins and swarovski crystals and a bit of red ribbon makes quite a nice decoration - and we already had all the bits and pieces. The heart is beads actually sewn on - which is a bit hard at kinder level.
Two posts in one day - very rare - this was planned for today - obviously the other wasn't but I had to share - Nic

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicola
    Just had a good read of your blog and am interested in the fusible stuff in the can, where can I get it and what's the brand name???

    Thought you might like to know I have got a little job in the local patchwork shop, 4 hours a week, how cool is that, I love it.

    Must catch up soon and check out all your projects.

    Robyn's mum Gill

    ReplyDelete